Monday, July 19, 2010

change in the wind

so my experience with the byu counselor was not as great as i though it was going to be. basically he told me (in a sort of nice way) that based on my credit hours and gpa that i would never be a byu student. what a nice man! ha. i guess by the time i actually get to a 3.7 -who on earth has a 3.7? seriously.- i would better off going somewhere else to finish my degree. looks like my associates from byu-idaho will do me no good in this situation. oh well...

i was really frustrated with things because everything seemed to fall into place with coming to provo for school. i now realized that it was the wrong school that i am supposed to go to. this is what i am thinking of doing now. in the winter i am going to transfer to uvu. they have a fantastic graphic arts program and amazing institute classes that i am really looking forward to taking. 

i have yet to decide on what i'm going to do during the fall. i'll either go back to idaho for one last semester, work really hard and get my grades up, or i am going to find an internship down here in utah and take online classes so that I am still considered a byu-idaho student to qualify for my loan. i leaning towards the internship option for a few reasons (family, friends, provo, boyfriend...), but i still need to square away a few of the details. so we'll see what the next few weeks bring me. hopefully something good!

i guess i'm just a girl on fire!


p.s. pictures of me and the boyfriend to come soon :)

2 comments:

  1. boo byu. i go there and i don't even have a 3.7

    but i have heard the uvu program is amazing! i hope efy is treating you nicely, i'm missing it just a bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i miss you! you get married this weekend don't you? i wish you the best of luck syd, and i so wish i could be there. i want to come visit you soon! can i please?!?!

    ReplyDelete