Wednesday, December 1, 2010

wedding, wedding, wedding!

I have to admit something - - - - I should be doing homework right now but...

I can't think of anything else but my wedding! Most of the day today at work I surfed the internet just looking for ideas for mine and the fiance's engagements as well as my bridals. We met with our photographer, Kelly, last night and it got me so excited to think that it's finally time to get into gear about all this! For a while I felt like things were so far away from happening, but it's already December!

But since I've been planning like crazy lately, I've already got our photographer picked, our videographer picked, and the reception center picked. So the big stuff is done...but now the little, yet still important, decisions to make for this event of ours!

Here are some of the things I'm loving right now, and thinking of incorporating into mine and the fiance's day:

This part of the wedding took me FOREVER to figure out...I had my mind set on purple and green, but it's way too common and for some reason didn't want them anymore. So after LOTS of searching I have decided that my colors are going to be yellow and gray. I have come across a few blog posts on this site, and it was love at first site! I didn't even think of these colors and I had no idea they were as big as they are now. I'm so, so excited for this! I am also thinking of accenting it with a navy. I have always loved navy :)

These are my absolute favorite!! Instead of trying to find where to buy them, I'm going to make them myself. I want to make this wedding a very DIY (do.it.yourself) kind of thing. At least the stuff that I can make, I want to. But these are the latest fad and I sure do love em!

Thinking of having something like this for the fiance...it's different and I love it!!

Thinking of something like this for our cake. It's simple and clean and I love the accent of the dark gray ribbon. The fiance and I went for a taste testing the other weekend and we have a good idea of what kind of cake we are going to get. I may want to sample another place just for fun!

So that's what I have so far. Wedding planning is so fun but I had no idea that it was this consuming! I am loving every minute, but I have to be honest and say that I can't wait for April 7th to come and to see it all play out...but I also can't wait for April 8th and to finally be Mrs. Paige McNulty!

4 comments:

  1. Paige! I love those colors! Do you have a florist? If not I have the perfect person for you who has done a yellow and gray wedding and I love love lover her stuff! Let me know, but yes I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not really...the reception center that we are using has a florist, but I don't have to use them. Is this person from Studio Stems?? Because I LOVED your flowers. So cute. I know I keep saying this...but girl we need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I know how you feel a bit Paige. I'm different in that I'm actually helping Michelle plan our wedding, and it is really exciting. We're going to Seattle after our wedding, and I booked the tickets today. We've also got a bunch of other stuff that we're working on, and it really is very exciting. I'm excited to see how your stuff turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the yellow and grey. LOVING. I just want to throw this out there... I am OBSESSED with weddings and any way that you can get me involved I would LOVE IT!!!!! I am being so deadly serious right now. You better give me something to do... or I am divorcing you as my cousin. :) I don't want to toot my own horn, but I will, I can pretty much make anything you see a picture of or whatever... I am really good at copying stuff or making whatever. That sounded so bad, but I'm serious. Call me, email me, whatev... lets talk wedding.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete