Wednesday, February 24, 2010

another home for me.


italia.

this past spring i had the amazing opportunity to travel to europe on a study abroad with byu-idaho. i got to see so many new places that i never imagined i would see in this life. my favorite by far was italy. there are so many things i miss about this place.

- i miss the smell of fresh baked bread
- i miss the gellato that will never be as good here in america as it is there
- i miss your pizza that wasn't american pizza
- i miss your history
- i miss the people...they were so nice
- i miss the feeling of being able to do anything because i was somewhere new
- i miss my friends
- i miss the nuns
- i miss the culture
- i miss the chocolate
- i miss the san lorenzo market
- i just miss you italy

one day i hope to be back. italy taught me so much about life. it taught me to be grateful for the many blessings i have been given. it taught me to appreciate the art that i was seeing and to realize what the artists went through to create it. they sure didn't have mac computers to do all that back in the day. most of all it taught me how to love something that i've never known before.




No comments:

Post a Comment