Tuesday, February 23, 2010

day 3...

i must admit this cleanse has been hard! i didn't realize how much sugar i was consuming until i did this little cleanse of mine. it's usually at night that both my mom and i get out the ice cream and party. i must say the nights are hard! i find myself wanting my sugar fix. I have found a few solutions though to help this sugar monster within me.
  • chocolate cherrios...they sound gross, but they are actually not too bad
  • fruit...which i love anyways
  • vitamin water. love.
sugar, you will no more be a temptation to me.
booyah.

as for other things...found out the price for my gym pass...yikes, probably not going to happen. i will have to do some more researching and what not before i make a final decision. i might just have to resort to running outside in the 20 degree weather...maybe? if that's the case, i will have to put my running shoes by my door so i trip over them every time i get up in the morning.

started my job today as a communications intern for a marketing company. i'll be doing some part-time design work for them. i'm terrified! i sat in the office this morning to sign papers and go over a few of the projects that i'm going to be taking on...holy crap. never thought i would be more terrified to step into the real world as i was today. i kind of wanted to get out of my chair and just run. to quote the song that is ironically playing...

it sucks to grow up.

funny how life does that to ya.

then again, life goes on.


2 comments:

  1. I love your sugar cleanse idea!!! Good for you. Mike and I are detoxing right now so I can feel your pain. Its hard. I can't go cold turkey though. I have a piece of Dove dark chocolate after dinner ;-/ I don't know if you into it, but work out videos are pretty helpful and cost effective, at least to get your endurance up. I have a few I use when I can't get to they gym. Its a good way to keep it mixed up!! Good luck with that!! Its so hard to be motivated to stay healthy in the winter. As for your internship that sounds awesome!! I'm terrified to be in the real world too. I graduate (finally) in April an I have NO CLUE what I want to do!!! I just want to go work at Disney for the rest of my life. lol. Glad your doing well!! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well hello Kris!! it's been way too long. thank you for all the good advice. i may have to try the dark chocolate. they do say that it's healthier for you :) maybe when the cleanse is over i'll just resort to that or something. hope you're doing well. good luck on your cleanse!

    ReplyDelete