Monday, March 22, 2010

cabin fever.

cabin in bruce, wisconsin


so i just got back yesterday from the best weekend trip ever. me and about 13 of my other singles ward friends decided it would be fun to rent a cabin for a weekend to just get away from "real life" and have some fun. the lucky cabin we chose was located in the small town of bruce wisconsin. 

just looking at the picture you can see that it was quiet the cabin! it was probably one of the nicest cabins i have ever seen, let alone stayed in. we all got a killer deal on it too. all my friends and i decided that this cabin trip is a must do again real soon. we're thinking august :)

here's a list of the things we did that made this weekend the best ever:

  • hooked up a projector to rockband and rocked out for hours
  • stayed up til the wee hours of the morning just talking and laughing about random things
  • non-stop watching of glee season 1
  • playing music over the sound system and having dance contests
  • cooking juicy lucies (aka lucy bruceies) at midnight
  • hot tubbing
  • making cookies and other delicious treats
  • sitting on the 3-seasoned porch with a huge blanket talking about life
  • walks around the lake
  • played with bree's dog, nori
  • eating pancakes until we were stuffed


basically it was a great weekend and we were all sad to see it come to a close, but we are excited to get back in the summer and have a whole new experience.

thank you bruce for showing a group of crazy singles a great time!

2 comments:

  1. blog stalking... This weekend was amazing!! I hope it's available in August. We've been doing so much advertising it'll probably book up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paigey!!!
    I have been thinking about you lately because for the last few weeks I have been sitting on a donut ... and it made me think of Dunkin'!! :) I hope that you are doing well! I miss you tons! You will have to come stop by next time you are in town... I would love to see you and catch up!
    Love ya!

    P.S. I stinking love these books! They are AMAZING! I cant wait for the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete