Saturday, March 6, 2010

it's official.

efy 2009


so i wanted to wait to create this post until things were official. yesterday that happened. i accepted all my contracts for efy 2010 to work as a building counselor! i am so, so excited for this new experience. among the excitement i am also kind of scared. this is a whole new position, a whole new set of duties, and something i've never done before. there is one thing that i do know : the program. i know the ins and outs of this amazing program and i trust that the experience i've had will be a good cushion for me. hopefully. 

in my past 2 summers of working for this program, i've learned a lot of things. things about teenagers, about other people my age, about myself, but most importantly about my Savior. He has guided me through the lowest times during those summers when youth wouldn't listen, or co-counselor's weren't working well. i've been able to trust in Him who knows all. He helped me see my youth each week in ways that i thought i would never be able to. it was amazing.

this summer will be different. the counselors will be my youth. youth that are my same age, if not older. that's a tedious thought, but i cannot wait for this new journey. i can't wait to see how the Lord uses the Spirit through me to help the counselors see how important not only they are but their role in this program. that's what it took for me to see it. great bc's. i owe a lot of my experiences to them. i just hope i can be as humble and loving as they were. 

efy 2010...see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment