Saturday, January 22, 2011

for my man on his birthday



So I'm about three days late on this post, but I figure it doesn't really matter when I post it just as long as I do. Now that it's late I can tell about our night!

So my boy - Christopher James - turned 23 on Wednesday. He threw me the coolest birthday ever back in August, and so I had to give him a good one back. I came up with the sweetest idea ever for him (with the help of my Mom), but thanks to the winter weather was unable to do it. 

My idea : We were going to go up to Snowbird and eat at the Mexican restaurant in The Cliff Lodge. Sweet, right? I was bummed when the Snowbird website read "roads restricted to 4WD cars and cars with chains." I was not one of those. So we ended up going to Red Iguana (which is still so good!) for a yummy dinner and then back to my grandparents house for present, pie and ice cream. It was a great night!

I've seen these done and I've liked them so I want to do one myself. So here's a list of 23 reasons why Christopher James McNulty is Christopher James McNulty ... and in no particular order :

1. He makes me laugh all the time
2. We study the gospel together and always have some topic we talk about
3. His love for football -- which has made me love football
4. His work ethic ... even though he works as a kindergarten aid, he still works hard
5. He has a way with kids ... especially my little cousins who I think may love him more than me
6. His fantasy football obsession - no lie, when it's that time of the year, he checks his profile all day
7. His love for my food, or maybe his "willingness" to eat my food when it's not that great
8. His love for my family as well as his own
9. His willingness to help out whether it be the dishes, or cooking, he's great!
10. His smile ... makes me weak in the knees
11. His volunteering at the MTC to help the cute little missionaries
12. His adventurous side -- he always gets me to do and try new things
13. His willingness to do things just to make me happy
14. How much he loves me and makes that known every day
15. His arms :)
16. His ability to "cheat the system", or make it so that we can do things (aka free day in Park City)
17. His hair ... I love his hair ... especially when it's not done
18. His smarts ... he knows his stuff
19. His drive to do well in anything and everything he is involved in
20. His Spanish speaking skills :)
21. His love for Harry Potter -- he might have a pair of HP glasses and a wand hidden somewhere?
22. How easy it is for us to talk about anything and everything
23. How truly amazing he is to me and to everyone around him

I love you Christopher James!! 
Happy {late} birthday :)





No comments:

Post a Comment