Monday, January 3, 2011

i've been a little MIA...oops!


I've been sitting here at work for the past 5 hours when it hit me...I haven't written a blog in what seems like AGES! This is going to be a long post, but I hope to cover all of mine and Chris's Christmas break adventures. There are not very many pictures...which I am totally kicking myself for. So dumb. But here are the few pictures I have as well as some stories to go along with them, so enjoy!!

Chris and I flew out to the bitter cold Minnesota on December 18th. We got delayed, which I was not to thrilled about seeing that both of us were so excited to get out there to see my family. But thanks to one heck of a tail wind, we were able to get to Minnesota right on time!

My Dad got us from the airport, all lumber jack looking and all. It was awesome. The "I work from home now" look suites him well :) (Love ya Dad). As soon as we got home my sisters and Mom raced to my side to see my ring (this is they are seeing the ring in real life), and we hugged and giggled in excitement. Haha cheesy I know, but we're girls and I'm the first to get married, so what can I say?

The next week consisted of craziness!! The finace was so good and helping out and finding things to do while I was doing laundry and other things to help my Mom out. We even stayed up until 3 am a night or two before Christmas Eve to wrap presents for my Mom. It was a lot of fun and I must say, the finace is a good present wrapper (note to self for the future!).

Christmas was amazing. I love this time of year at the Aase household. We never really have set plans or tons to do, but that's why I love it! We didn't have our traditional dinner that we usually do because Mom had to work (oh Target...), so we did my sister Maren's birthday dinner a little late. So yummy :) After that we opened some presents. Who knew getting things for your future home would be so fun!?! The best surprise that the fiance and I were able to give was to my Mom. She's a bit of a fanatic for these dark chocolate orange sticks and I had accidentally grabbed the milk chocolate ones. Thanks to a smart fiance and a wonderful soon to be mother-in-law, we were able to get her some orange sticks to open on Christmas Eve. This was her reaction when she did:


Christmas day was awesome too. Lots more presents for the future home and the fiance did great on his gifts to me too. Loved them all! The rest of the time was great. Busy, but really good. We watched movies, played TONS of games, went out to eat a few times, saw Tron and Harry Potter, went sledding, Chris and Dad went skiing (well...the best they could in Minnesota), went to some wedding receptions (made us SUPER excited), and just enjoyed our time to sleep in and have fun with my family. I loved having Chris home with me and I know my family did as well.

Our trip home was a little less exciting...let's just say we will NEVER travel on New Years Eve day ever again. Nope never. A post of New Years will soon follow :)

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone, but we loved every minute of it! Here is the Aase Christmas card for all to enjoy (this was my Dad's idea...).




No comments:

Post a Comment