Friday, March 11, 2011

3 weeks.


3 weeks from today I will be entering the
Draper temple for the very first time to take out my
endowments. It's crazy to think that it's almost here.
I've been preparing for this time my whole life.

In addition to my whole life of preparation, I've been reading some
different talks and a book about the temples all around
the world and the importance of them.
In this book called "Look to the Temple," by Ed J. Pinegar,
he quotes President Gordon B. Hinckely in a conference talk he 
gave back in 1995 on the temple. President Hinckley said this:

"These unique and wonderful buildings, and the ordinances administered therein, represent the ultimate in our worship. These ordinances become the most profound expressions of our theology. I urge our people everywhere, with all of the persuasiveness of which I am capable, to live worthy to hold a temple recommend, to secure one and regard it as a precious asset, and to make a greater effort to go to the house of the Lord and partake of the spirit and the blessings to be had therein. I am satisfied that every man or woman who goes to the temple in a spirit of sincerity and faith leaves the house of the Lord a better man or woman. There is need for constant improvement in all of our lives. There is need occasionally to leave the noise and the tumult of the world and step within the walls of a sacred house of God, there to feel His spirit in an environment of holiness and peace."

What a wonderful thought from a beloved prophet of ours!
I have decided that I'm going to find and read at least one talk every
day from someone on the temples. The importance of them, 
ways to prepare to go in them, and of course temple marriage. I know there's
a lot to learn, and that I can't quite fully prepare for it, but I when I enter
3 weeks from today, I want to know I did my best
to learn as much as I could before.

I love the temple and to not give it enough attention in my life
is a very selfish thing for me to do. I can't wait to be 
able to enter it and do more work for those who were
unable to do so while here on earth. 

What a wonderful blessing we as members of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
have to be able to take part of the work that goes on in these
remarkable and sacred buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment