Monday, March 21, 2011

fort night

Christopher and I are trying to think of fun, creative dates
to have these days since the weather isn't quite where
we'd like it to be, so that we can go do something outside...

This past Saturday, after the awesome BYU game (way to go boys),
Chris and I made our way to the car through the cold
rain. We bounced around a number of ideas for
what fun we could do on this rainy night.
I had the idea to have a movie night...in a fort.

I love building forts! So we drove back to my
grandparents house and starting gathering blankets and chairs
and other items needed to build this fort of awesomeness.

It took us about a good half hour, but we finally finished our fort
and it looks awesome!! Here's a picture to prove it.



Inside I laid some blankets down for padding and some comfy pillows from
the couch for us to rest our heads on. This fort was huge! 

I popped some yummy popcorn and we snuggled up and watched
Pirates of the Caribbean...a classic! It was a great rainy
date night. Needless to say, the fort is still up and we enjoyed some
March Madness yesterday afternoon after church.

I love that my future hubby acts like a kid with me and really
enjoys things like this. I think we'll have a pretty fun life together!

p. s. only 17 days left! We've officially entered the teens...crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment